Monday, November 18, 2013

Back again!

Dear Reader,

For the past 3 years, I've been immersed in doing my Bachelor of Applied Media Arts (Visual Media) degree, which seriously impacted on my creative time - especially as most of it was not related to fibre arts.  However, this is all over now, and I hope to graduate in a month's time.

Fortunately, I have reconnected with my fibre art roots over the past few months and I'm longing to get back into creating mode.  Here's a taste of what you can expect to see in the coming months:

Inktense Watercolour pencils - suitable for fabric.  Just add water, and these pencils turn into paints.  The colours are permanent, and I'm jst itching to find ways to use these. 

 Screen printing - I'm about to write an online class for screen printing that can be used by fibre artists and quilters (as opposed to making t-shirts).
 Electric Quilt - another online class that I hope to have up and running in the New Year.  Honestly, this software is amazing.  I've had an earlier version of EQ so can't wait to get into this new one.
Plus you'll see a bit of this sort of thing - one of Dijanne Cevaal's  Mirrabelle dolls that I am embroidering and playing with adding beads to.  For anyone proficient in beading, don't look too closely - I've never beaded before and have only a random selection, so this is very experimental.  I'll post some more photos of Mirrabelle as I progress.

Of course, I'm always knitting in the background, so you may see some of that too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back - you do such interesting things!
Loretta

Helen said...

fab to see you back Shirley!!! will enjoy your new posts. I've been away myself so have a lot to catch up on :D

Nancy J said...

great you are back, and with more fascinating projects ahead. Hope all assignments and exams went well, Enjoy the coming days once all tutors, lectures and more are finished. Greetings, Jean.