Friday, December 31, 2010

Stick a fork in me, I'm done

Yes, I'm nearly done with 2010. In 12 hours (New Zealand time), a new decade is about to start. You know when you get asked at job interviews "where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?", I can never answer. It's hard enough just looking ahead for one year, so I'm not even going to try to predict what this decade might hold.

Right now, the hearts are still coming in and so are completed tops and quilts. Here's 2 quilts that have been compiled from heart blocks and quilted by Joy Hurley. Don't they look good?

And here are some completed quilts that arrived just before Christmas:


I have all the makers' names on the quilts but am too lazy to go upstairs and rummage throught the piles to find them. From my notes, I can tell you that there are 6 quilts from Rangitikei Country Quilters (amazing effort!), 1 top that was quilted by Jan Main of Kiwiquilters, 2 quilts from Kaikoura Patchwork Shop and 1 from Judith Harvey of Australia.


Happy New Year, everyone. I really appreciate my blog readers, and I love to read your comments. I hope you will all have a happy and prosperous 2011.

7 comments:

Leeann said...

the quilts look lovely and you have done a great job of grouping the hearts together with 'like' hearts for the for quilts. How are the plans going for the move to Invercargill?

Milly said...

You do such amazing work.

Maria said...

WOW !! Theyall look fabulous

Julie said...

Fantastic selection of quilts. Happy New Year!

Françoise said...

This is wonderful Shirley.
Happy New Year to you!

Cat said...

FANTASTIC to keep popping back to see your progress! Gutted that all of my blocks and fabric were lost in the post - I hope whomever has them puts them to a good honest use. You've done a wonderful job with these quilts!

dissertation writing said...

Incredible! I wanna one of them!