Monday, December 20, 2010

Snowed under?

Today I received these 2 lovely quilts from the stitchers at Christofer Robyn Quilts in Wanaka. The colours on the hearts quilt are delicious.
And what could be more blokey than a rugby quilt?

For those worrying that I have been snowed under (as opposed to snowed upon, which I would be if I were still in the UK or Europe), don't be concerned. The flow of hearts has slowed somewhat (only 180 today). I am quietly plugging away at the quilts that I'm personally working on, and I have a number of quilters and sewers, both locally and around the country, who are also quietly beavering away at sewing blocks together or turning tops into quilts.

Over the past few days, I've been concentrating on sewing bags for Christmas presents. I've completed Mum's bag (sorry, no photo as I was in a rush to get it in the mail) and the other 2 are near completion - I may be able to sneak a photo onto the blog of one of those.

1 comment:

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

The quilts are lovely, as always.

As for snow, if you'd like me to mail you some, let me know. We've got tons of it in London Ontario Canada. We got over 1 meter of snow in 2 days a couple weeks ago and it's still around.