Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Quiltathon

I am holding a Quiltathon this Friday and Saturday, am asking local quilters to assist with sewing the heart blocks into tops; adding borders; sandwiching the quilts; machine quilting; and binding.
I have some donated calico and backing fabrics, and some donated batting. However, this will not stretch to all the quilts being made. I am trying to get 15 children's quilts ready so they can be distributed before Christmas. Simultaneously, I want to get started on the other 30 quilts.

I can accomodate half a dozen or so quilters here at my home. Local quilters could come and collect blocks or tops (I have around 15 tops waiting to be assembled) and take them home to complete. Any assistance is appreciated.

3 comments:

Aussie Nanna said...

Hi Shirley
I will have 29 completed blocks by the weekend and will post them to you next week.
I am from Australia and I think you are doing such a wonderful job!
Bless you and all your stitching friends!
I am happy to donate some batting but it is difficult to post. Maybe I coule buy some local to you and you could pick it up?? Any suggestions??
Vanessa

Charlotte Scott said...

Good luck, Shirley. I'd come help but I'm at the other end of the country!

The 2 Spies said...

I will be posting a few hearts tomorrow.Blessings on all you are doing
Hadassah
Jerusalem, Israel