Thursday, December 23, 2010

A mixed bag

This is my living room, showing the chaos created by sorting a week's worth of heart blocks and then counting them into bundles of 60. This took me at least a couple of hours today, but I needed to do it as I was sending bags of blocks to quilters around the country and I didn't have enough made up. I wanted them on their way before Christmas.
My son Cass arrived yesterday evening and is staying until the crack of dawn on Boxing Day (seriously! his flight leaves about 7am, so we need to leave here by 6am).
Because I couldn't see the lunar eclipse (in the east)from here, I photographed the setting sun in the west instead. That day, we had a huge high cloud bank that accompanies the strong, hot nor'wester winds, and which is called a "nor'west arch". Usually it sits with a clear sky beneath it but by sunset, there was more cloud. Winds of around 100 kmh blew my TV aerial off the roof.

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Love the night sky and the kids ok too! Have a lovely Christmas.

Doespins said...

Happy Christmas Shirley.
I'm in awe at how you've handled that deluge of quilt blocks.
Some great quilts featured on your blog.
All the best for 2011.