Thursday, December 16, 2010

In other news...


...actually, there IS no other news. It's quilts, quilts, and more quilts. Above is a star quilt made by Village Green Quilters in Whenuapai.
Two quilt tops that were donated as tops and have now been quilted by Joy Judd. Thanks so much, Joy.
Below is a huge hearts quilt made by Turramurra Quilters in Sydney - what a wonderful effort.
Today, the total of heart blocks received passed the 5000 mark. The committee of Christchurch Quilters' has uplifted a week's worth of blocks (around 1800 or so) and will be working their magic on these, while I continue with what I have here. Thanks to all those around the country who have asked me to send them blocks or tops to work on.

3 comments:

Maria said...

You are doing a wonderful job of making quilts Shirley as are all the folk around the globe.
Quilters are great folk.

amandajg said...

Hi Shirley THanks for sending me the blocks - I made a couple more blocks and have pieced the quilt as a 7x9. All the rows are sewn and I am about to press the seams. It is going together really quickly - do you want me to finish it off?

Julie said...

OMG Shirley! What an amazing effort! :-)