Friday, December 03, 2010

1, 2, 3.......38

Today, the postie had to deliver my mail by car. There were 38 parcels. So after a week, I have received 1042 blocks (including some 9-patch), around 15 quilt tops and 6 completed quilts. I know there are many more blocks and a few completed quilts on their way.

As a result of an article in the local paper, I have 3 people each sewing together a quilt top.

What I do NOT have is help to sandwich, machine quilt and bind quilts to complete them. I am feeling very despondent today, especially as it's become clear that the NZ welfare system is failing me and I cannot rely on any measure of government support to help me pay my bills. I'm sorry to bring my personal problems to the blog again, and I'm so grateful to the people who have sent me money to help with my expenses.

I believe that I will have enough blocks to complete this project, so if you've just found the hearts blocks appeal, I do not need any more at this stage. Thank you.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Shirley, what a phenomenal response! But nobody has thought about all the work and the cost to you. Do you have a Paypal account? I would gladly send you a donation towards some of the cost (not massive but I would like to contribute). I am sorry my blocks are too late to be included but I will use them for something else and it has been good practice for applique. :-)

Shirley Goodwin said...

I do have a Paypal account if anyone wants to make a donation from outside New Zealand. It is based on my email address shirleyjgoodwin@gmail.com.

Many thanks, Julie.

Charlotte Scott said...

Shirley, if you sent me one to sandwich, quilt and bind, I'd be happy to, but I don't think I could promise to have it done by Christmas. But email me if you want to organise something lottiemscott (at) yahoo (dot) com
Hope things look up for you soon.

Jindi's Cottage said...

There is another box on its way from Australia...sewing group has made hearts this week...