Thursday, November 11, 2010

In a turquoise mood with purple overtones

I started this quilt in 2009 (I think) at a Lyttelton Quilters' retreat. I cut all the fabric, and sewed all the blocks and sashings, but didn't get any further.

Today, being in a turquoise mood, I dug it all out and started to sew the top together. It's designed around the Hoffmn "Feathers" fabric that you can see in the block centres (click on the photo to enlarge it)- a luscious combination of turquoise, green and purples. I bought all the other fabric to tone with this one. The pattern is on point, so I'm not even halfway through assembling it yet but will keep working on it. The "Feathers" fabric is also used for the border, to tie it all together.

I hate to confess this, but I don't actually have a quilt on my bed - but this one is for ME.

3 comments:

Sue said...

That's a gorgeous combination of fabrics, you'll enjoy it for a long time.

Milly said...

it's beautiful I love it/

Jenny said...

It's a lovely quilt Shirley, such wonderful colours. As as for not having a quilt on your bed, for several years we only had a single quilt on our double bed! I had made the grand-children quilts but hadn't got around to a big one for us!