Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Faster than a speeding frog

I loved this heading from Yarn Harlot, so I decided to steal it and use it myelf. It has no real connection to the post.

While it may be widely thought that I never actually finish anything I start, this is a vicious rumour. Last month, I showed you a skein of 50% merino, 50% silk that I bought at a Creative Fibre traders' day. Here (ta da!) is the first thing I've made from it - I say the first, because this took only around 30 grams of yarn. I have plans for the rest - and not just plans, because I am actually working on 2 other items. Watch this space. Dye is involved in one of them.

Feast your eyes on this very simple but cute scarf/shawlette. So soft and warm! If I achieve my aim of moving to a colder region, I'll be making lots more of these for winter.

4 comments:

loulee said...

Oooh! That's pretty.

Val said...

Love the heading! lol And the scarf/shawlette is superb. Makes me want to make one....but I hate knitting!

custom writing said...

Good post! Thanks for it.

valwriting.net said...

Blogs are so interactive where we get lots of informative on any topics...... nice job keep it up !!