Monday, September 27, 2010

Why is it...

..that sometimes, I have ideas spouting from every orifice (ok, that's an exaggeration), and other times (like now), I don't have 2 to rub together? Is this part of getting older? I hope not. Maybe I just have Decision Overload Syndrome. This is what you get when you have to make dozens of major important decisions all by yourself. If it's not already an recognised disorder, I'm inventing it now.

Leaving my multitudinous (yes, that IS a word) problems aside, I have decided to soothe myself and my craft-starved brain by making a quilt using the lovely batik jelly roll I bought shortly after I came home. Here it is again -
Because I'm completely unable to think up an original design,I reached for my book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott. This is the design I thought I'd go with:
It's called "Hidden Wells" and is a slightly adapted version of the Mary Ellen Hopkins pattern.
This is a more feminine pastel version. The pattern uses a couple of accent fabrics, so I'll use hand dyes for these. Being a morning person, I'll wait for a free morning to make a start.
And here are the poodles, still in their winter coats (I love their coats all long and soft and curly), pretending to be joined at the hip.

2 comments:

Donald said...

Great photos Shirley. Love the patterns and colours, and it's quite a delight to scroll down and see dog type bookends ;)

Cheers

Donald

Diane N said...

I love the quilt you're thinking of doing with your strips. I like the "masculine" one the best.

Mostly, though, I love that photos of your dogs. What a great picture. They must be a joy to you.