Saturday, February 06, 2010

Shibori part 2

And here they are. Numbers 1, 2 and 3 above....
..4, 5 and 6 ...
..7, 8 and 9....
..10, 11, 12.

All different. Some were folded, some were ironed, some were scrunched or bunched. A couple were rolled around dowels. Some are definitely more striking than others, but most I would do again.

These were dyed with Jacquard's Burgundy which has a lovely light brown shadow to it that makes for interesting shapes. You can click on the photos to see them in more detail.

As usual with dyeing, you can't really appreciate the patterns you've made until you're ironing the fabric.

I had so much fun that I'm going back to do some more.

6 comments:

Laurence said...

Very beautiful pieces.

Françoise said...

Lovely! And now you can make a new quilt.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

A gal after my own heart! Shibori techniques are my favorite way to create resist patterns, and yours came out wonderful! Thanks for sharing...

Joyce said...

Wow! Those are amazing! Who thought those rolls of white fabric could turn into something so beautiful.

Vicki W said...

Those are gorgeous!

Rayna said...

Oh, Shirley - these are so refreshing! It must be the color. Love the results but to me, shibori is just too much work. Maybe I'll try again in the warmer weather.