Thursday, March 12, 2009

Is the answer 42?


I'm not even sure what the question is. I read a post at Rhubarb Whine's blog that really struck a chord with me. Some of what she wrote :

"2009 to date has been very introspective. I have found my inner dialogue is full of question marks.

Is this really where I want to be at this stage of my life? Am I doing what makes me truly happy? Am I being honest and true to myself in my daily living?

Such examination of feelings to date: inconclusive, although, for the most part I am quietly astonished at the direction of the answers."


I am also in this state of disconnectedness (if there is such a word). I don't seem to be achieving much, either workwise or creatively. In fact, I'm not sure where a lot of my day goes.
Is there a general lack of contentedness (i am liking ".edness" words today) out there? Is it true that we need a change every 3 years? Why do I need them more often? (that's rhetoricaledness, you don't have to hazard an answer).
And while I'm filching stuff from Rhubarbwhine's blog, I also loved the banner above. Which is above because I can't get it to move below. My superpowers are clearly not up to much today.




6 comments:

Yvette said...

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything (42)

The Question :“ "Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."

I enjoyed the tv series, hitchkikers guide to the galaxy - mispent youth!

BryeLynn said...

3 years is about my limit. It seems that every three years I am bored and looking for my life to take a new direction.

I once heard that if you don't feel creative, sit down and get to work. The creativity will come.

Love the blog, though. So, don't let that part of your life change.

Brye Lynn
www.sewstitchcreate.com

Helen said...

The answer is always 42! And if you need directions it is "second to the right and straight on till morning" :-)

loulee said...

For me the answer is always 42! LOL
I love to see the look on peoples faces when they ask, 'Waht does it mean?' and I say '42'

Val said...

There's got to be more to life than 42! I think it's an age thing. Once childhood's gone then the drawing pad isn't as pristine each day and takes too much effort because we think more. Remember when you were a child you just did it! Whatever! Hopefully when I don't have to earn money to live I can become a child again.

Anonymous said...

Yvette understaood! (Not one commenter onmy blog reffered to the Douglas Adams connection).

I am amazed how many people also feel similarly right now. Moon phase?