Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shame on you

Poodles are great dogs. They're loving, devoted and very intelligent. It makes me mad to hear them denigrated (as in "Tony Blair is George Bush's poodle"). I also hate how poodles are crossed with other breeds to make what the pet stores call "designer dogs" (but are just cross-breeds) and are then sold for twice the price of a proper pedigree poodle. This just encourages people who know nothing and care less about breeding quality animals to indiscriminately breed these dogs because they think they can make a fortune out of the puppies. Here is Cressy smiling for the camera. And as I went upstairs to post this, I saw them doing their twin thing again.

As for this.................
....and this..............................and this...............SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

One of the smartest most loveable dogs I ever had the pleasure to know was a standard poodle. His owners did not clip him or color his fur, he was a black curly beauty.

Sheila said...

Such a noble dog reduced to a freak show. I love poodles. They are smart and loving. In fact, I am wearing my white poodle sweater that was knit in a shop in Maine that had white standards as the shop dogs.

Vicki W said...

I'l admit that I'm not a huge poodle fan but they are fine dogs and and don't deserve to be abused like that. That's abuse!

Nora and James McDowell said...

Those poor dogs!
Just as the little dog who has been to the groomer and has a little bow in her hair knows she is pretty, so those poor animals must know they are ridiculous.
Nora

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Good grief. I think some people are slightly mad with their animals and get a bit confused with their role in life. Oh well, I don't suppose the dogs give a fig but I'm amazed.

Bonnie said...

Wow! That's just wrong on sooooo many levels.

Julie said...

I love to see your dogs doing thier twin thing. As for those other poor dogs, I agree it isabuse to treat them like that.

Teodo said...

I prefer much more your dogs than the other in the pics.

The moon quilt is wonderful.
ciao ciao

ra said...

There should be laws against that kind of dog abuse!

Milly said...

As for those responsible for those poor poodles in the last three photos, someone should do that to them and see how they like it!

I agree with your comments on cross breeding poodles with other breeds. I don't think any breed should be cross bred like that. A neighbor across the street just got one of those dogs. And she is sweet tempered it still upsets me to no end.

Emmy said...

poor dogs can not belive this is for real

Janet said...

I love the "twin thing" picture :-) When I used to groom dogs, I always wanted to give a poodle a purple mohawk!