Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just call me Ma'am


The Canterbury Patchwork and Quilting Guild invited me to be one of the judges of their annual exhibition following my talk to them a few months ago. Clearly, they were desperate to make up the numbers.

Yesterday, I turned up for duty at the Horticultural hall in Christchurch, along with my fellow judges. One was the guest exhibitor, Helen Marshall, a quilter of considerable repute and experience; and the other was Mandy Adams, a local quilter with a background in making dolls and bears.

The show opens to the public today, so I won't post photos of the winning quilts yet. in the meantime, here are a couple of general shots of the hall. You can see how well lit and well laid out it is.

2 comments:

Ali Honey said...

That's quite an honour, but never an easy task. Hope you enjoyed it and the company od your fellow judges.

The venue looks great - all that polished floor!

sharon young said...

Wow!! what an experience and an honour to be chosen. It looks a wonderful venue to show in.
Judith' s cape is awesome!!
And I love the 3-D effect on Gilli's quilt.