Thursday, May 08, 2008

Surprises in the mail, and an irresistable book

But wait! There's more! First up is a completely gratuitous sunrise. Just because.
And then there's this lovely skein of sock wool that I somehow scored from Vintage Purls through my blog friend Stell of Knit, Knit, Frog . Stell is also a Kiwi, as is the Vintage Purls shop. I hadn't come across it before. Am I lucky or what?
Today in the mail I received my first copy of Interweave Knits which I have started to subscribe to.
I have been totally seduced by the photos in this book, and I just want to make them into artwork. I succumbed at lunchtime and bought it (all $90 of it) - it's a large heavy book, with the most stunning photos imaginable. I'll share some with you next week. After buying it, I read Donald's comment on my last post and thought, yes, I AM very influenced by the landscape around me. I guess I hadn't realised how much.

5 comments:

Webfrau said...

Thanks for the link to Vintage purls - I'd never heard of them but it looks like they could be a real treasure. Your friends blog looks interesting too - now I have two more feeds to add to my list. You've reminded me to go check my shop for the latest Interweave too - I do love to drool over that magazine. Don't knit much but I do drool! LOL!

Suzi-k said...

hi, been a while since i had a chance to visit, and it is good to see you, but you are an EVIL woman, how can you tempt me with that AWESOMEAMAZINGSTUNNINGHAVETOHAVEIT book?? Now MY evil twin is determined to take over.... The photo on the cover, delicious, can't wait to see more!

sharon young said...

Me too! The cover pic is absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see more.

Deb Hardman said...

I have fondled that same book. The pictures are stunning. I did buy a calendar with some of the same pictures (but only 12 of course), & gave it to my son's girlfriend for Christmas. Wanted to keep it myself though.

Beautiful sunrise picture.

Sue said...

Love the landscape photos. My nephew is spending a term abroad in Dunedin, so I have a special interest in the South Island.