Friday, February 15, 2008

A bit more PIF.....and a bit on VD

Today I received this lovely silk scarf in the mail from Susie Monday. It's part of the Pay It Forward (PIF) Challenge that some of us bloggers were involved in recently. I haven't done this sort of thing with silk scarves, only random dyed them, so I'm delighted to receive this.

Valentine's Day has come and gone, and I'm sorry to report that once again I failed to receive any cards, hearts, flowers, chocolates or other demonstrations of affection from the opposite sex. Nor did I send any. This commercial emphasis on coupledom just serves to make us usually happy singles feel like we're the only ones on our own, though of course that's not so.

I want to have another go at flour paste resist so will hopefully spend time on that over the weekend. The working week is over, and now I'm relaxing.

4 comments:

Françoise said...

Lovely scarf!

Julie said...

Beautiful scarf Shirley. Have a good weekend.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Yes, you know there's something wrong when the only ones who remember you on Valentine's day are your brother's wife, your best girlfriend and your niece! And no one sent chocolate. ;-(

But I managed not to feel TOO bad about it. You're also right that there's nothing wrong with being single.

Nora and James McDowell said...

Sometimes even happily marrieds have to buy their own chocolate - ostensibly for the "beloved" but we all know who plans to have some.
Nora