Monday, December 17, 2007

La Nina - not

New Zealand is experiencing the La Nina weather pattern this summer - apart from Christchurch and environs, which is having intermittent heatwaves interspersed with cool southerly interludes. Tomorrow's high temperature is forecast to be only half of today's, and in the meantime, it's too hot to work upstairs. I started to do some sewing yesterday and abandoned it...as you can see.

On the plus side.....I can now officially reveal that I've been accepted again as a tutor for the NZ Quilting Symposium 2009 to be held in Wellington. I am totally delighted, for several reasons......firstly, I must have got good reports from my classes this year in order to be asked to come back again; secondly, I get to meet well-known overseas quilters like Sandra Meech and Jeannette DeNicolis Meyer, plus some I've met before, like Aussies Jan Mullen, Jenny Bowker and Gloria Loughman. Thirdly, it's just such FUN!

If you're interested, go to the website and register. It's not completely up to date yet, as many tutors (like me) aren't listed and much of it is still in the planning stages, but you can pre-register to get newsletters.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Congratulations on being asked. Wish I could attend.

Françoise said...

Looks like you had fun with your sewing machine!
:-)
Congrats on being accepted for the symposium!

Julie said...

Congratulations on being asked to the symposium, Shirley! Well done you! I'm glad someone's workspace looks as chaotic as mine! :))

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Wish it wasn't so far away....

Anonymous said...

Well done!! Symposia are always so much fun :)

Sheila said...

Congratulations! May class overflow with students.