Monday, July 09, 2007

Home sweet home

Here's a shot of my stock room (technically the second spare bedroom) looking amazingly neat and tidy and ready for Sophie, while still managing to contain huge quantities of dyes (in the white cupboards at the end of the room, on both sides), paints, boxes of fabric, display baskets,
a roll of wool batting, trays, buckets, etc etc. And a spinning wheel, roving, wool, and heaven knows what else.

The white thing you can see poking out from under the bed (which has boxes of Pearl-Ex and silk paints stored under it too) is a fabric press that I don't use. For some reason, I prefer to hand iron my fabric, but then, I' m not mass producing it. Also, you need a stand or table for the presses (I have 2) and I don't have room for that.

Yesterday when I drove to Christchurch, it was the most beautiful day. The other photo was taken as I was driving (quite safely, I assure you, there were no other cars on the road at the time) and shows farmland with the Southern Alps in the distance. As usual, you can click on the photo to see the full sized view.




3 comments:

Stell said...

Hello - thanks for the comment, I have taken the liberty of adding you to my kiwi knit bloggers page - although it appears you quilt.
I have quilted - but love to curl up on the sofa - so knitting it is for now.

Suzi-k said...

enjoy the kids!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

What is it which makes us fill all available space and then just a little more than we have?

Your photos make me want to come and live in your area. It's so very beautiful.