Monday, April 30, 2007

Yes I've been busy..no, I've got nothing much to show for it

...You know how it is! I've been doing lots of stuff...just STUFF...creative stuff, of course, but I haven't really got any finished results that I can show off.

So here's a photo of my partly completed cardigan, made with a mixture of mohair and recycled sari yarn. The pure silk sari yarn was more expensive, so I got a mix of part silk and part whatever, which is quite harsh and not at all what I'd want next to my skin, so I added the mohair (in a delightful shade of Depressed Grey that I had never used , for SOME reason). Because I wasn't too sure about how far the sari yarn would go, and I'm still not, considering I have the fronts to do yet, I'm knitting 4 rows of the 2 together folowed by 2 rows of just mohair.

The Evil Twin (ahem!) has been bending the plastic again and buying books from Amazon. I really enjoyed Victoria Finlay's book
Color: A Natural History of the Palette
Color: A Natural History of the Palette

so when someone on the Dyers' List recommended "A Perfect Red" I naturally jumped at it. Or at least, my fingers jumped at the order form..no, no, it was the Evil Twin! Anyway, I now have the book, so I look forward to reading about "Empire, Espionage and the Quest for the Color of Desire". Hoo!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will report back on the book after you read it - sounds interesting!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want that book! Add I want to see the whole cardy when you're done - the sari blend is certainly lifting the grey!

Lorraine said...

Enough! I haven't even finished the last book you recommended. You'll get my evil twin going, if you keep posting such great looking books.

Ali Honey said...

Hi Shirley, Is the cardigan for you? I guess you need knitted garments a bit more than we do up here. Please show us when it is finished( or even the progress ). Happy Knitting, Ali.

Anonymous said...

I loved the color book...so, I guess I will have to use the plastic and get the other....shame on you for twisting my arm!!! vvbg

teri

Anonymous said...

But how could you possibly resist that book? ;)

Stitch 'n Dye said...

Oh that book looks fabulous. I too loved Victoris's book on Colour - a real eye opener.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!