Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm not tired of these yet

It was my region's anniversary day today, so I didn't have to go to my day job. Instead I went to Timaru, the "big smoke" about an hour's drive north which is in Canterbury region so everything was open. And I bought an embellisher! But not home with me as they have to order it in. I'm getting a Janome Xpression. My big sewing machine is a Janome 6500P, which is a quilting machine. That means it has no free arm so does not darn jeans and the like! I do those on the Pfaff, which has gone to the same store I went to today to get its tension fixed. A girl's gotta have more than one sewing machine!

This afternoon, I made a few more of my little business card holders. I've never done this sort of little-item-with-embellishment before, and I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it.

While in Timaru, I saw some cardigans and jerseys that had felted-like flowers and stuff on them for over $200. I can do that!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'll hit upon something small and enjoyable and I'll end up making 20 or so just because its so fun.

Deb Hardman said...

The little holders are very fun. I love the textures.

You are going to have a blast with the Janome Xpression. I LOVE mine! So much FUN!

smarcoux said...

these are wonderful... must get back into my sewing now that my place is set up .
Sandy

Suzi-k said...

these are cute, looks like you are having fun! Hope the stall is a great sucess

Anne said...

I've never seen these card holders before, do you have directions? They are so cute!