Sunday, March 18, 2007

The End of Summer


Not that we HAD much of a summer this year..but now daylight saving has finished and there's a real autumn feel in the air.

Here's a sunrise shot I took a couple of days ago.














And here, in all its blurry wonder, is a finished garment! Those of you who have been reading my blog for some time (ie since the middle of last year) may recall that I was very excited when I hand painted my first yarn. I painted 7 skeins of a wool/alpaca blend in a large range of colours, each skein being different but having a number of colours in common. I may not have explained that very well. Let's say I used colours A, B, C, D and E on the first skein. On the second one, I used C, D, E, F and G. On the 3rd, maybe E, F, G, H and A. You get the idea. Then I knitted this jacket (omitting the buttons and buttonholes, as I seldom do these up) using a different skein for each piece, but with 2 fairly similar mainly-green skeins on the back.
Here's the front, with its rolled rib collar. This is large generously sized jacket that feels wonderful and warm on.


















And here, slightly more in focus, is the back.

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

Pretty colors Shirley. On the sweater & the pictures.

Here I'm looking forward to Spring!