Saturday, January 13, 2007

Where I shamelessly display past work



....because I'm too busy getting ready for the impending quilt symposium to make anything new.

The unnamed Pacific-inspired wallhanging was done at a class, back in the days when I did classes. It's about 4 feet long and hangs on the wall in the dining room.

"Dolphin Dreaming" hangs in the hall between the bathroom and toilet.

The designer handbags are sitting (slightly unfinished) on the oak cabinet in the hall outside my bedroom.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Your art is fabulous. I love the bags.

Dijanne Cevaal said...

Have a great time at Symposium Shirley! Wish I was going. i tmust be cool there if you ar eknitting- it's way too hot here.
Ohh and happy new year too!
Dijanne

Anonymous said...

Wow. These are amazing. I'm going to have to send the link to my sister-in-law, who is an award winnning quilter (and a knitter and a crocheter and an upholster and a seamstress and oh yeah, a lawyer).

I love your marbled colors and dream-like compositions.

Di Mackey said...

Your art is stunning and I couldn't help but turn a little green with envy when I read of your little stone cottage overlooking the coast.

I'm ex-Dunedin and I had a wee house on the peninsula, down at Broad Bay ... before leaving for Istanbul ... sometimes I miss my beautiful country so bad.

Beautiful beautiful work!

Connie said...

Hi Shirley,

Did you ever find the clog pattern? I live 1/2 mile from my LYS and would be happy to purchase one and mail it to you. Let me know!

Connie in GR, MI

Shirley Goodwin said...

Thank you Connie - however, I can't contact you as your profile is not publicly available. Can you please email me? shirley@dyeing2design.com