Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hi ho, hi ho.....

...it's off to Symposium I go. I fly out early tomorrow morning, so I won't be blogging for a week. Yes, I'll be taking photos so you can see what all the fuss is about.

Seeing as y'all seem to like my new fabric, here's a quilt top I'm putting together made of it. Yes, I know I said I wouldn't make another bed quilt ever again, but this one will be for me, not someone else. I love the look of stained glass it has where you can see the sun shining from behind and accenting the seams (it's hanging on the clothesline in the photo).

The second photo is some more wool I've hand painted this week using new colours from proChem (new to me, that is).
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Webfrau said...

Mmmm prettiness - all of it.
Have a great trip.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Quilt Shirley,
also love the fabrics

Helen said...

I'll be looking out for you, I'll come find you to say hello. Helen Pixie

Downunderdale said...

great quilt, Shirley - love the colours
Dale

Françoise said...

Ooh, pretty colours!

Digitalgran said...

Have a lovely trip. You are a clever lady. That fabric is beautiful and the colours of the hand dyed wool are great..

Anonymous said...

sorry Shirley got behind with checking out your blog. The stained glass quilt is quite beaut and it sure shows that the fabrics you dye can change dramatically once they are cut/pasted back together again. the yarn looks dazzeling as well - cathy from KQers