Friday, March 31, 2006

Paint



















Currently I have an urge to paint fabric. Here are a couple of "backgrounds" I made yesterday. For some reason these pieces, like my other works, look much better in real life than they do in the photos. I'll use them to fuse shapes onto. Unlike the Chicago School of Fusing, I don't fuse directly onto batting. I use cutouts on a background rather than creating a picture out of fabric pieces. I am enjoying making these.

This morning's pieces are rather "in your face" - you'll see them tomorrow when they dry.

Feel free to ask me questions about how I've done these if you're interested. I'm experimenting with some different techniques.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I like the "ghost images" of the top piece of fabric.

The other piece will be a great background for your cutouts if it is anything like Radiance.

His Office, My Studio said...

I love the colors. I can't wait until the weather gets warmer so I can start dyeing again.