Sunday, January 08, 2006

Dyeing day

Today my friend Kathryn and I had a dyeing day. I wanted to make some multicoloured metre lengths, so we did some in two different ways. These photos were just taken with the fabric lying on the living room floor, so aren't superb quality. The first four photos were dyed outside (it was a beautiful 27 degrees Celsius day) and these came out quite differently. I really liked the effect.





The next photos show the ones done the way I usually dye - scrunched into trays to give a crackle effect.






There are more but those are some of the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great multi coloured pieces - I particularly like the bottom photo and the two stripey ones - I will have to get on and do some dyeing myself - weather permitting I might book myself in for Waitangi Day if not earlier.

I await your next fiber adventure.

Kat